Friday, April 22, 2016

Teaching Philosophy


        I believe that all students should be able to get an education and it is my job to make sure that I have all the skills and knowledge that I need so that I won’t let them down. I want to be the best teacher that I can be, and I want my students to enjoy coming to class every day. I want to have a welcoming environment and want them to all feel comfortable around their peers. I believe that all students have the potential to be great.
I want all students to leave my class feeling that they are the best and I can say that I helped to get them to gain confidence and knowledge. I want to be a kindergarten teacher and I know that is usually students first year in school, so I want to help build a strong foundation for all of my students.
As a teacher I want to encourage my students to voice and challenge their beliefs. I want to have story time once a week for the kids to tell their peers a story about whatever they want. I feel it will be an exciting time for the students to hear from their peers, and also time for me to bond with my students as well. I will include multicultural lessons so that all students will feel comfortable. I will remember that everyone does not learn the same information at the same pace. I will remember to utilize different ways of teaching to make sure that everyone understands the material. I want all students to be successful.  

Advice for future teachers: http://www.educationworld.com/a_curr/voice/voice137.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment