Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My First Observation Experience

Recently I had my first school observation visit. I really feel in love! At first when I was told I had to do Thirty hours of observations I was surprised. Which Thirty seemed like a lot to me at the time because I felt like I would just be sitting there and it would take away a lot of my time to do other things. I was totally wrong. I am observing a kindergarten class because that is the grade that I want to teach. The kids were so nice and welcoming to me. The teacher was also very nice and gave me a lot of information on what she was doing. It was a very great experience, because I also learned a lot of different techniques to do in my classroom in the future. I now see why they say it is very important to do school observations. What you learn in class is all great information but it’s good to see in action before getting to student teaching. I am very excited to do the rest of my observations and learn new things. 

1 comment:

  1. My mom remembers doing a week of observations every fall before the semester even started -- all the teacher education students would visit a local school. It was a good way to know, really early on, whether or not teaching was the right fit.

    ReplyDelete